Arcane Knights combine the powers of Arcane Knights and Spellcasters, casting magic on their opponents in one minute and slashing them with steel.
Those who must face arcane knights in battle fear them because of their incredible adaptability on the battlefield; Against heavily armored and armored foes, they can cast debilitating spells, while spellcasting foes meet their end on the blade of an extraordinary knight.
In the fifth edition, it is one of the subclasses available for Eldritch Knights in the Player's Handbook, and due to their flexibility and strength, they are among the most frequently chosen subclasses by Eldritch Knight players.
While Eldritch Knights bring a bit of everything to the table, they often suffer from a major disadvantage of their entry-level as they rely on powerful hardware to meet their needs.
To help you with this, we've compiled a list of the best items to blackmail your Dungeon Master for!
20. Absorption rod
Dangerous and world-changing magic is a constant threat to the adventurer's life, and this obsidian staff has runes carved into its surface and is here to protect you from them.
While holding the absorber rod, you can use your reaction to absorb a spell that only targets you and not the area of effect, canceling the spell and storing its energy.
This energy can be recycled if you are a spell caster. This means that as a druid, you can convert the stored energy into spell slots to cast spells you've prepared!
Why Absorption Rod is Great:
- You can completely cancel spells with an absorbent rod as long as they only target you. It's not an advantage, it's not resistance, eliminating them completely is a terrifying feat.
- While it can only store up to 50 levels of energy for its lifetime, this also means you can gain up to 50 levels of spells, greatly increasing the number of spells you can cast in a day.
Absorption rod details:https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Rod%20of%20Absorción
19. Fireball Wand / Lightning Wand
The Fireball and Lightning Wand are classics for a reason. They keep their promises.
Each wand has seven charges and can use one charge to cast a specific spell, such as lightning or fireball, at the third level. Even if you keep the last charge on a wand and never use it, that wand could be worth an extra six spells to your Eldritch Knight each day until its last charge is used up, at which point it threatens to crumble to ashes.
These wands allow you to spend extra charges on cast if you'd rather cast a spell than cast it multiple times. Go ahead and cast 14d6 damage to start the first round of combat.
Why Fireball/Lightning Wand is great:
- Eldritch Knights receive very few spells, so casting extra spells in the form of the most iconic 5th edition evocation is always a bonus.
- The wands are small enough to be smuggled anywhere a pencil can be hidden, and if your Eldritch Knight lacks decency, you can always hide it.
Fireball Wand Details:https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Wand%20of%20Fireballs
18. Black razor
Ripping from the pages of the Dungeon Master's Guide, this legendary greatsword seeks to devour souls.
With a blade designed like a star-studded night sky, the Blackrazor will make any Pact of the Blade Eldritch Knight willing to stake their soul for the chance to cleave their enemies with such a superb weapon.
With a +3 bonus to attack and damage rolls, this sentient blade not only provides dignified stance, but also the ability to rip the souls of enemies to grant the user temporary hit points. the beast suffers the consequences...
Why Blackrazor is great:
- When Black Razor devours a soul, you gain temporary Hit Points equal to the creature's maximum Hit Points, giving you an advantage on attack rolls, saves, and even skill checks!
- After reducing a minion's health to 0, the blade devours its soul, so it can only be brought back to life by the highest enchantment. Never worry about your enemies coming back from the dead!
- The +3 bonus on attack and damage rolls is no reason to taunt. With this wonderfully deadly weapon, you can slay hordes of enemies with ease.
Black razor details:http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/wondrous-items:blackrazor
17. Sword of Acheron
Forged from a mysterious magical alloy, these enchanted blades cause your enemies to cower in a death grip.
Perfect for the Eldritch Knight, these +1 magical swords make you immune to undead reversal effects, but not only grant temporary hitpoints to their wielder, they also make the creature hit more vulnerable to your spells!
Why Acheron Blade is great:
- As an action, you can give yourself 1d4 + 4 temporary hit points, this weapon will keep you longer than your enemies.
- Magic Vulnerability: Once per day, when you hit a minion, you may weaken it on your next save. This means you can make sure he gets any mystery disease!
Acheron blade details:http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/wondrous-items:acheron-blade
16. Spell storage ring
In addition to the perfect complement to your outfit, this gold ring can store up to 5 levels of spells at once, ready to be unleashed at the user's command.
Subtle and easy to use, the spell storage ring can hold vast spells cast by creatures that touch it, using the original caster's level, save DC, and attack bonus.
Why the Spell Storage Ring is Great:
- Since the Eldritch Knights are wizards, you can easily charge this bad boy a few times before heading out to increase the number of spells you cast!
- The creature just needs to touch the ring while casting the spell. This means you can store healing and support spells from a friendly spellcaster to use when you need them most.
Spell Ring storage details:https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Ring%20of%20Spell%20Przechowywanie
15. Staff of Power
A powerful artifact. The staff of power has several powerful abilities, including casting powerful magic spells, dealing powerful blows, and enhancing the user's magical abilities.
This beautiful dark wood cane buzzes with unbridled arcane power right between your fingers, ready to level the battlefields at your command.
Why the Staff of Power is great:
- Just using this staff grants a +2 bonus to AC, spell attack rolls, and saving throws - a weapon so great it even protects you!
- This +2 chick is a bull's eye. By spending 1 stack of many, you can deal an additional 1d6 Force damage to the target.
- For action, you can harness the cane's mystical powers to cast a spell from its juicy selection, all without running out of spell slots!
Energy Staff Details:https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Staff%20of%20Power
14. Belt of Gigantic Strength
Aren't you tired of being limited to 20 Strength points? Don't you want to be more of a buffer than a bear? You can make your dreams come true with a giant power belt!
Simply put, this item changes your strength to the score given by the belt, the rarer the higher.
At this level, you can earn a Stone/Frost Giant Belt with a 23 rating, or you can go on a dangerous quest to earn a Fire Giant Belt with an amazing 25 rating!
Why Giant Strength Belt is great for Eldritch Knight:
- Thanks to the precision of the binding of the fifth edition, every issue counts. An extra +1 to hit and damage can make the difference between victory and defeat.
- Normally you cannot increase your score above 20, this is one of the few ways you can push your Strength to its maximum limit and become the pinnacle of power.
Giant Strength Belt Full Details:http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/wondrous-items:cinturón-de-fuerza-gigante
13. Shield clasp
The protective clasp provides resistance to damage and provides resistance to magic bullets, one of the most common forms of force damage.
While not always certain, parties that know they will be up against a Magic Missile spellcaster are encouraged to give the Untamed Knight a Guard Buckle to ensure that the Eerie Knight can take hits no matter what.
Why the protective clip is great:
- Gain resistance to the slightest damage.
- Full resistance to one of several instant D&D spells.
Armor fastening details:https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Brooch%20of%20Osłanianie
12. Sword Touched by the Moon
You will likely be defeated in the dark at low levels by your enemies and minions. You will not be able to distinguish friend from foe even with dark eyesight.
The Moontouched Sword is a popular magical weapon that requires no tuning. You can choose one relatively early to help you put up a good fight!
Why the sword touched by the moon is great:
- The sword casts a bright light that helps you distinguish colors, enemies and allies in the dark.
- Since it's a magical weapon, you'll bypass damage resistance and non-magical slash damage with something as simple as a regular magic item!
- Unlike most wonder items, it requires no fine-tuning.
Moontouched Sword Details:http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/wondrous-items:moon-touched-sword
11. Dodging ring
AoE hits on various creatures require players to make a Dexterity saving throw.
Even outside of combat, various traps and other non-dungeon crawling situations may require Dexterity saves. While some combatants will be more agile than others, the Ring of Evasion will help all fighters.
Why the Ring of Evasion is great:
- Makes up for the lack of Eldritch Knight for the most common save in the game.
- It doesn't punish you for going by force.
Avoidance ring details:https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Ring%20of%20Evasion
10. Dwarven pitcher
If Mjolnir is your weapon of choice, then this is the hammer for you.
With a staggering +3 to attack and damage rolls, this hammer has a throwing property and flies back to your hand immediately after an attack, dealing bonus damage.
Why the Dwarf Thrower is great:
- Thrown weapons can use your Force to attack and deal damage. With this bad boy you can give your Eldritch Knight an amazing range option.
Full details of the dwarven blaster:https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Dwarven%20Thrower
9. Body Health Handbook
Remember earlier we talked about getting your skill scores beyond the 20 cap?
The Body Health Manual increases your Constitution score as well as your maximum score after reading it for 48 hours.
Why The Body Health Handbook is great:
- Increases your Constitution by 2 as well as your maximum, giving you more hit points and an increase in your skill score.
- It can be reused after 100 years if your character is a long-lived race or cannot age, theoretically it can increase its Constitution every century.
Body Health Manual full details:http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/wondrous-items:manual-of-bodily-health
8. A lucrative exercise manual
Welcome to the secret calisthenics, because after reading this volume for 48 hours your Strength score increases by 2, as well as your maximum Strength score.
This equates to an increase in skill score, a boon you only get once every four levels (unless you're an Eldritch Knight).
Why The Profitable Practice Handbook is great:
- From carrying capacity to attack and damage, Strength is the primary skill of many builds. By exceeding the limit, you can compete with even bigger enemies.
Lucrative practice manual full details:http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/wondrous-items:manual-of-gainful-exercise
7. Guardian Shield
Adorned with an unearthly eye, this shield protects its user in a way no one else can, sharpening their senses so that no blow goes unnoticed.
The reason for the Sentinel Shield's amazing potential is that when you wield it, you gain an advantage on all Initiative checks, which is extremely useful, and you have an advantage on all Wisdom checks that involve perception, a benefit so great it can be compared to a feat. or better.
Why the Sentinel Shield is great:
- Tired of backtracking? We are with you. This bad boy gives you an advantage over the Eldritch Knight on all initiative checks, giving you a second chance to strike quickly in combat.
- Unlike most wonderful items, Guardian's Shield doesn't take up any attunement space, true, you can use this powerful magical item without affecting the ability to equip it with another.
Sentinel Shield Details:http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/wondrous-items:sentinel-shield
6. Winged boots.
The wounded dragon soared into the sky like a red jewel against the scorching sun, the knight could not kill him then, no sword could reach him ... these were his last thoughts before kicking off his boots. sprout from the knight, spurring the holy warrior. towards the snake's neck, cutting off its head.
Tired of watching your enemies fly around? Winged Boots is the solution to your problem. These villains grant your Eldritch Knight a flying speed equal to your walking speed for 4 hours, much longer than normal combat and longer than a flying spell.
Why wing boots are great:
- The Eldritch Knight's skill set is geared toward the melee style, meaning once an enemy is out of range, it's extremely difficult to chase them down. These boots solve that problem because with flying speed, you no longer have to rely on ranged combat to take on these enemies.
- Lack of mobility is our Eldritch Knight's main weakness most of the time, even outside of combat. The ability to fly allows us to avoid extremely dangerous situations, and not only flying for 4 hours non-stop allows us to cover very long distances with relative ease.
Details of the wing shoes:https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Winged%20Botas
5. Rewind the layer
While wearing this cloak, all creatures have difficulty on attack rolls against you, but if you take damage, the property stops working until the start of your next turn. Since Eldritch Knights are proficient with heavy armor and shields, as well as accessing defensive spells, this makes you extremely hard to hit!
Since it gives a debuff to all attacks, this extends to spells as well, meaning it will dramatically reduce the chances of any attack scratching you.
Why the displacement layer is great:
- This cape basically gives your Eldritch Knight the benefits of a blur enchantment, except it requires no concentration and lasts virtually forever!
- As an Eldritch Knight, you will have 16 to 18 Armor Classes (AC) or more, depending on the armor you choose. Mathematically, the nerf against him is roughly equivalent to a massive +3 bonus to AC, making him extremely hard to hit.
Scroll Layer Details:https://www.dndbeyond.com/magic-items/cloak-of-displacement
4. Spell protection shield
Evil Eldritch Knights, terrifying liches, and mad wizards are a common threat in any Dungeons & Dragons campaign, so making sure you can disregard their magic is a priority if you want to survive.
The spellguard shield protects you. While wielding it, you have an advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects, but wait, that's not all! Spell attacks also have their downside.
Why Spellguard is great:
- Wizards, especially high-level wizards, have access to magic that can render even the bravest adventurer useless. A constant advantage when you save against them gives you a good chance of confident success.
Spell Shield Details:https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Spellguard%20Shield
3. Diamond Armor
Any medium or heavy armor can be crafted from adamantite, a rare metal known for its hardness and durability.
Armor made of adamantite is often sought after and sold at exorbitant prices because it provides too much protection.
If you, our brave master, wear heavy diamond mail, any critical hit against you becomes a normal hit!
Why diamond armor is great:
- When a creature critically hits you, all of its damage dice are doubled, which can kill you. Now, even if you get hit, you can basically guarantee that all damage you take will be normal.
- Adamantite is one of the hardest substances in existence, which means that it cannot easily be destroyed or tarnished. This armor is durable.
Adamantite Armor Details:http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/wondrous-items:adamantine-armor
2. Invulnerability Armor
This set of plate armor was forged by the dwarven clan, crafted from the finest alloys, the invulnerable armor makes its wearer immune to all forms of non-magical damage, indeed, even lightning and flames whenever possible.
As if that wasn't enough, our Eldritch Knight can become immune to non-magic damage for 10 minutes, and since most 5th edition enemies don't have the ability to deal magic damage, this makes you an Eternal Crusader. !
Why Immune Armor is great:
- Since it makes you immune to all non-magical damage, it means you now have effectively double your hit points against normal damage, allowing you to outlast your enemies.
- Since Invulnerability Armor is a plate set and Eldritch Knights are proficient in heavy armor, this means you'll have an AC of at least 18.
Invulnerability Armor Details:https://www.dndbeyond.com/magic-items/armor-of-invulnerability
1. Vorpal Sword
It's a +3 weapon, the biggest bonus we can get at 5e, and it deals damage regardless of resistance. That in itself would be excuse enough to catch the bastard.
Fortunately, there are many more. Or to put it in some other great thing.
If you roll a 20, you can simply decapitate the creature. The beast you fight usually dies instantly if you do.
Why the Vorpal Sword is great:
- You get a +3 bonus on attack and damage checks with this sword, increasing your chances of quickly killing an enemy.
- Since the Eldritch Knight takes the most attacks per round, coupled with a surge in action, you have the best chance of getting a natural 20 of any class in the game.
Vorpal sword details:http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/wondrous-items:espada-vorpal
You may also be interested in:
- Top 10 Weapons in DnD (Legendary Weapons)
- 32 most interesting facts about dungeons and dragons!
- Top 10 DnD streams
- Top 10 ideas for a DnD campaign
I recommend ranged weapons, sword-and-board, or two-weapon fighting for an Eldritch Knight. Polearms can also work well but are a little boring.What is the best armor for Eldritch knight? ›
Defense-focused Eldritch Knights will want to pick up plate armor, a shield, and a longsword as soon as they can get their hands on them.What items are good for an Eldritch knight? ›
Powerful cantrips for the Eldritch Knight include Green Flame Blade and Booming Blade. Spells like Find Familiar, Protection from Good and Evil, Shadow Blade, Fireball and Greater Invisibility provide huge advantages.What is the best race for Eldritch knight fighter? ›
High Half-ElfSCAG: Arguably the Eldritch Knight's best racial option, you can increase all three of the ability scores that you care about and still get Booming Blade at first level. Standard Half-ElfPHB: An excellent way to expand the Fighter's capabilities outside of combat.Can Eldritch knight wear heavy armor? ›
Eldritch knights have and use spellbooks, and must follow all the standard rules for spellcasting the same as the magic-user class. If he so chooses, an eldritch knight may wear armor, but it will cause some interference with his ability to correctly cast his spells.Can Eldritch knight cast fireball? ›
While the eldritch knight does give a fully armored caster access to fireball spells and the like, you're not going to be blasting for long.Can Eldritch knight cast with armor? ›
Yes, you can cast spells in ANY armor as long as you're proficient in it.What do Eldritch knights use as a focus? ›
The Eldritch knight, arcane trickster, and ranger cannot use a focus and must use a component pouch instead, RAW. While the general rule for the M component of spells says you can use either a component pouch or a focus - the specific rule for foci prohibit classes from using them.What stats should an Eldritch knight have? ›
Eldritch Knight Ability Scores.
|Point Buy||Standard Array|
5 Basic D&D Rules: Ideal Races For The Pugilist
A Dwarf has a +2 bonus and a Half-Orc has +1, and each class has its pros and cons. Dwarves are always associated with the stone and metal that shapes everything in their lives, so they have the highest Constitution bonus.
Half-orcs are one of the strongest of the playable races/species in D&D. Image: Wizards of the Coast. Half-orcs might not be as bulky as their full-blooded orc brethren, but if you're looking to create a character who is stronger and hardier, then the half-orc is your best bet from the core D&D races/species.Can an Eldritch knight cast with a shield? ›
Nope. General rules: Spell has M component -> Need a hand free. Spell has S component -> Need a hand free.What is the strongest knight armor in the world? ›
Milanese armour is held in high regard and considered one of the strongest. Milan was a recognised centre of armour production through the medieval period and into the Renaissance.What is the strongest armor in DND? ›
Plate armor is the best armor you can get, it's heavy, you clank when you walk, but there's no better AC. It just costs a fortune. Plate is what you build towards, wear it if you can get it.Is Ebony armor the best? ›
5 Ebony Armor
The full set with a shield will give the player an incredible armor rating of 128, making this great heavy armor in Skyrim worth the grind. If players can afford to wait, they can collect a full set from the Ebony Warrior after defeating him.
Plate armor was made in sections, or plates, so it was quite easy to walk in, but very hot to wear. It's a myth that armor was so heavy that the knight had to be lifted on to his horse with a crane.What was the strongest knight armor made of? ›
A more popular style was Maximilian armor, named for Emperor Maximilian I. This type of armor was developed between 1515 and 1525 and is considered some of the most effective armor in history. Maximilian plate armor made the best use of metal.Is it legal to wear knight armor? ›
While most states abide strictly by the federal law regarding body armor, there are a few that add their own bit of flair to it. However, the purchase and use of body armor, by civilians in general, is legal. Again, if you're convicted of a violent felony, it's illegal unless you fall into the exception.Can an Eldritch knight dual wield? ›
And the answer is yes, absolutely.Can Eldritch knight get Shadow Blade? ›
Who Gets Shadow Blade? Warlocks, Sorcerers, and Wizards are granted the spell as part of their spell lists for classes. Bards might be able to find it in the Magical Secrets, and Arcane Trickster Rogues and Eldritch Knight Fighters get it from the Wizard spell list.
Beginning at 7th level, when you use your action to cast a cantrip, you can make one weapon attack as a bonus action. As a low level Eldritch Knight, I am able to cast Green Flame Blade or Booming Blade as part of an attack with a weapon.Can an Eldritch knight use spell scrolls? ›
Bottom line: yes, they can attempt to use the scroll. A spell scroll bears the words of a single spell, written in a mystical cipher. If the spell is on your class's spell list, you can read the scroll and cast its spell without providing any material components.Is Eldritch knight a tank? ›
Eldritch knight is a tank that has the ability to retreat and still be almost as effective as a dps or support role.How many spells can an Eldritch knight learn? ›
You learn two cantrips of your choice from the wizard spell list. You learn an additional wizard cantrip of your choice at 10th level.Do Eldritch knights get Counterspell? ›
CounterspellPHB: Counterspell is incredibly powerful, but it's a really hard choice for the Eldritch Knight. You need to focus on your physical ability scores over Intelligence, and you don't have the high-level spell slots to guarantee that you can successfully counter spells.How powerful is an Eldritch? ›
As powerful as they are, Eldritch Horrors are not invincible and they can still be defeated: Eldritch Horrors are normally as powerful as two Archangels, which means three Primordial Species can best them; Azathoth however is more powerful than any of them and is impossible to defeat.Can Eldritch knights learn Counterspell? ›
Similarly, Eldritch Knight Fighters can learn counterspell at level 13, while Arcane Trickster Rogues can learn counterspell once they reach 14th level.Can Eldritch knight cast rituals? ›
When you learn a spell as an Eldritch Knight (determined by the EK chart) you can cast as a regular spell using a spell slot. You cannot, however, cast those EK spells as a ritual, even if it has the ritual tag.What is the alternative to Eldritch knight? ›
The Swordmage grows in caster strength at the same rate and peaks at 4th level spells just like the Eldritch Knight, but uses Warlock pact magic-style spell slots. While the Swordmage can't go spell-for-spell with a full caster, they have tools to make other casters regret it, if the Swordmage can get in close.How do you become an Eldritch knight? ›
To qualify to become an eldritch knight, a character must fulfill all the following criteria. Spells: Able to cast 3rd-level arcane spells. Weapon Proficiency: Must be proficient with all martial weapons.
An Eldritch Knight (or anyone else) wielding a two-handed weapon can simply cast, as letting go of the weapon with their casting hand isn't any sort of action economy interacting issue.Can an Eldritch knight use booming blade? ›
Eldritch Knight Features
Be sure to pick up an offensive cantrip like Booming Blade which you can use alongside weapon attacks with War Magic.
Who Gets Shadow Blade? Warlocks, Sorcerers, and Wizards are granted the spell as part of their spell lists for classes. Bards might be able to find it in the Magical Secrets, and Arcane Trickster Rogues and Eldritch Knight Fighters get it from the Wizard spell list.What does black flame blade do? ›
Black Flame Blade is an Incantation in Elden Ring. Black Flame Blade temporarily envelops your right-hand weapon in a black flame, increasing damage. A black flame incantation of the Godskin Apostles. Engulfs armament held in the right hand with black flame.What weapon to put black flame blade on? ›
The main weapon you'll want is the Godslayer's Seal. This requires four points in Strength and 27 in Faith, and boosts all godslayer incantations. These include all your Black Flame spells, and as such make this handy little seal a cornerstone for this build.Can an Eldritch knight cast counterspell? ›
CounterspellPHB: Counterspell is incredibly powerful, but it's a really hard choice for the Eldritch Knight. You need to focus on your physical ability scores over Intelligence, and you don't have the high-level spell slots to guarantee that you can successfully counter spells.Does Eldritch knight need a free hand? ›
You only need to have the second hand free so that you CAN hold it with two hands when you make the opportunity attack. In addition, the rules do NOT say that you need to hold the material component for the spell before or after the spell is cast.Can an Eldritch knight bond with an arrow? ›
Technically speaking, you can use any object as an improvised weapon, including a ranged weapon's ammunition (ex: arrow). The Eldritch Knight's Weapon Bond feature does not prohibit improvised weapons to be used for the bond.Do Eldritch Knights need a focus? ›
No. The Eldritch knight, arcane trickster, and ranger cannot use a focus and must use a component pouch instead, RAW. While the general rule for the M component of spells says you can use either a component pouch or a focus - the specific rule for foci prohibit classes from using them.Is booming blade better than Shadow Blade? ›
Booming Blade has a range of Self so it cannot be twinned any more than Shadow Blade can. Booming Blade requires a melee weapon worth at least 1sp but the Shadow Blade is a spell effect and has no inherent monetary value.
The Shadow Blade is Spark Man's weakness. Punk and the Wily Machine are immune to it. Two Shadow Blades uses one weapon energy unit.Can Eldritch knight cast scrolls? ›
Bottom line: yes, they can attempt to use the scroll. A spell scroll bears the words of a single spell, written in a mystical cipher. If the spell is on your class's spell list, you can read the scroll and cast its spell without providing any material components.Can an Eldritch knight cast a ritual? ›
When you learn a spell as an Eldritch Knight (determined by the EK chart) you can cast as a regular spell using a spell slot. You cannot, however, cast those EK spells as a ritual, even if it has the ritual tag.